facilitation & planning
Mindful & Artful Thinking frameworks are ideal for facilitating planning and idea sessions. They respectfully and productively honor all contributions and ideas. Hiris & Co offers facilitation and planning services for:
- Groups (community, family, parent, start-ups, & more)
- Organizations & Businesses
- Schools & Districts
- Event Planning (i.e. weddings, parties, fundraisers, & more)
- WHAT IS MINDFUL & ARTFUL THINKING?
- HOW IS IT RELEVANT FOR PLANNING & IDEA SESSIONS?
MINDFUL THINKING or MINDFULNESS: Just as there are limitless opportunities for exploring mindfulness, there are limitless ways to describe it. There are also limitless ways to apply it.
A few ways one could describe mindfulness are:
- being present in the moment--bringing attention to what you are doing right now.
- settling into the moment by noticing your breath, posture, thoughts, sensations, energy levels, or whatever works for you.
- being self-aware--noticing your words, actions, surroundings, and interactions--reflecting on how they affect you and how you affect them.
- deep observation--intentional exploration of the overlooked to the obvious, noticing the particulars.
- conscious and open listening.
- patience, compassion, empathy, non-judgment.
- finding and creating potential as opposed to operating within barriers.
- noticing opportunities for further investigation, learning, and growth.
- exploring multiple perspectives in any situation.
- approaching tasks with a sense of focus and play, opening yourself up to the unexpected.
- realizing there are multiple ways of doing things and playing with those multiple ways in big and small ways--taking a new route to work, sitting on the other side of the bus, eating a meal with your non-dominant hand, or...
- clarity. clear thinking.
- asking why. cultivating reflection, curiosity, wonder.
- intentionally using all senses--sight, touch, smell, hearing, taste.
ARTFUL THINKING offers frameworks for practicing mindfulness while respectfully and productively harnessing multiple observations, ideas, and questions.
AT's frameworks or thinking routines cultivate such habits as: observing, listening, questioning, taking multiple perspectives, noticing opportunities for further growth and investigation, and more. For example, the thinking routine, SEE THINK WONDER, asks: What do you SEE? What do you THINK about what you see? What do you WONDER or want to know more about? These three questions, seemingly so simple, can lead to exciting and clarifying discoveries in your life and work. These three questions are at the heart of mindfulness.
Thank you for your interest in reading this rather lengthy page! I invite you to take a long inhale and exhale. Settle into your breath. Reflect on what mindfulness and Artful Thinking could mean to you. How could you integrate mindful and artful practices into your venture or project? Maybe use the thinking routine, SEE, THINK, WONDER to begin your exploration.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO:
- share any experiences or thoughts this page may have sparked for you.
- express interest in arranging a planning/idea session or series of sessions.