STYLE FOR YOU:
Working with Sara was such a joy and support for my confidence in my personal life and career. She has such a lovely presence, and a gentle spirit, I felt very safe having her in my closet and personal space. Sara helped me go through all of my clothing and pair outfits that I never would have thought to put together. The result is so many new and inspiring combinations! She is very receptive and smart about hearing what items you could still use in your wardrobe and sending cost effective ideas. And the occasional splurge (which is nice too!) I am going through a transition from being a stay at home mom to really focusing on my business and art. I feel like I have more confidence going into client meetings, photography sessions and gallery openings. I wholeheartedly recommend Sara to any woman that feels uninspired by her clothes or is moving into a new part of life and needs some support to feel more confident on her path.
-Lisa Rundall, Fine Art Photographer & Yoga Teacher
It's hard to capture the effects of the Real Deal in a single anecdote, but here's one that comes to mind: on a recent morning, my husband and I had an interview at a preschool, and I used my newly acquired Real Deal skills to pick out an outfit that fit with my mood and what I wanted to project. My husband later told me that he'd glanced over at me during the interview and had two associated thoughts. The first? "That is a very stylish outfit." The second? "I don't know if I've ever had that observation about your clothes before." And it's true! Sara helped me move beyond a style that could, at best, be described as "yoga chic" (otherwise known as "wearing gym clothes") and experiment with colors and styles that I never thought I'd try. Even more surprising, I've started to enjoy the process! Sara is creative, compassionate and wise, and I cannot recommend her—or The Real Deal—highly enough.
Working with Sara has been truly transformational. I now feel that the clothes I wear accurately reflect how I feel on the inside, and that affects how I walk in the world, how people perceive me, and how I perceive myself. I feel more powerful, confident, and authentically me. Professionally, I feel more in line with my own personal power and that shines through in every aspect of my business. I recommend Sara to everyone I talk to who wants to shine brighter in their lives.
-Josie Bouchier L.Ac., Denver, CO
- I loved working with Sara and finding a new found love for fashion. I'd never been too confident with my clothing choices in the past and I felt that I had a strong personality which I wasn't comfortable showing on the outside - I didn't feel as though I knew how to show-off my style in a way that felt true and authentic to me. I had many pieces of clothing that I had picked out because I loved them but I didn't know how to incorporate them into outfits that I would actually wear. Sara interpreted my desires and style so well - I felt as though she knew me before she knew me, if that makes sense! The new outfits she put together (out of my own clothes I already had in my closet) felt so much like me and they made me excited to get dressed in the morning again. She made clothes a fun process for me. I have so many roles in my daily life - mother, business woman, massage therapist, health coach, outdoors enthusiast - and I felt scattered with my clothing options. Now I feel more centered and relaxed with my clothing choices, I can be myself and get ready in the morning much more quickly and efficiently. It's a work in progress but Sara pointed me in the direction I've been wanting to go for a very long time!
-Andrea Holt, Nutritionist and Creator of Happy Brain Movement
I did The Real Deal with Sara and found it profoundly transformative and empowering. The first session was a personal style consultation where she helped breathe inspiration into my current wardrobe. After the first session, I felt like I had a renewed perspective on my wardrobe, it was as if I had a closet full of new clothes and shoes! Sara’s gentle yet powerful approach helped inspire me to piece outfits together on my own and I felt thrilled to do so, because everything appeared new to me! I felt I had the ability to match and accessorize my wardrobe in new and unexpected ways and I began to think outside the same old formula I used for so many years in my manner of dress. She specifically helped me to style a few new looks for a photo shoot for my website, which I am really excited about!
The second session was after I moved into a new apartment and had purchased a larger closet to keep all my clothing and shoes. She carefully helped me arrange my wardrobe in a way that continued to inspire and bring enjoyment to getting dressed every day. Her knowledge of Feng Shui really helped me to optimally organize my belongings so that I could see and feel my clothing, shoes and accessories clearly, which is so helpful when it comes to inspiration for new outfits. And most impressive of all, she conducted both sessions flawlessly via Skype.
I also loved the feature of stexting. I was able to stext her while out shopping so that I may have a second eye on my potential outfits. I was so impressed that she carefully kept track of my pieces that I already have and how new pieces may fit in. It was like having a brand new fashion brain!
Sara of Hiris & Co. is artful, inspiring, and truly unique in her approach. You can clearly see that while she is very gifted at this, she also really loves what she does and wants her clients to feel comfortable and stylish, and to be the best version of themselves. I plan to continue education and consultation with her for years to come!
-Priya Ahuja, Acupuncturist & Feng Shui consultant in NYC, Priya Wellness NYC
- After working with Sara, I feel confident and happy in my core.
-Kaye, Massage & Craniosacral Therapist in Hawaii
Sara provides such an invaluable resource for us busy folk who want to look and feel our best, but rarely have the time (or energy) to put towards it. I hired Sara to create some outfits for a branding photo shoot for my website, the experience was so much fun and the value extended way beyond my marketing goals. While the outfits were created for the photo shoot, I started selecting from the dozens of documented options she created as a guide each day. I’m a mother of two young children and run my own business, the last thing I have time for each morning is finding something stylish to wear. Now I leave the house feeling confident and effortlessly put together, without the stress of staring into the dark closet asking, “Ahh, What do I wear?!”
Sara truly has the gift of effortless style, she is thoughtful, sensitive, supportive, and intuitively knows your style better than yourself. She picked out some items from my closet that I would have never thought to combine, but when I put them on I was grinning ear to ear. Everything I tried on was so authentically me! She breathed fresh air into my stale wardrobe without buying a single new item. Sara did such an incredible job on my wardrobe, that I’m having her back to do the same thing with my house. I cannot recommend how incredible (and fun) the experience was working with her, I only wished I’d hired her sooner!
-Kirsten Coe, Architect & Designer in Denver LassoDesign
- Working with Sara and doing The Real Deal helped me learn how to enjoy pairing my shoes and my accessories in interesting new combinations. She helped me discover which clothing I feel amazing in and how to combine different items I already have to create outfits that are fun, creative, interesting, stylish and, most importantly, reflective of the many facets of who I am. Through these new combinations, all of a sudden I have 100 new outfits. Really I had all of those clothes all along, I just didn’t know how to combine them in so many different ways. She even taught me how to wear my scarves in new and interesting ways and convinced me to pull back out my beloved cowgirl boots and start wearing them again. Just these two tips have been huge, but they are just the tip of the iceberg!
Now getting dressed feels like I am making art. I feel so much more confident and relaxed in being me as I go to work or even walk around town. People often give me compliments on my clothing, and I can tell that people see me more. It delights me that my clothing is now a creative expression that helps the world see me for who I really am in all my love, creativity, power, and joy. I feel so much more like me.
-Lucy Flood, Writer & Solopreneur in Berkeley, CA Read Lucy's blogpost about her personal style journey.
I turned 40 and really needed a boost of energy for myself and my wardrobe, but couldn't bear the thought of clothes shopping. Sara at Hiris & Co suggested she come along to the store and pick out clothes for me to try on. She shopped for clothes while I looked at shoes. At first, I was very hesitant because I thought she would never find clothes that fit me or looked good on my body type. Well, I was wrong! We went to the dressing room with a cart full of options. She was on-hand to give encouraging and thoughtful feedback, and I left with several new pieces to complement and expand my existing wardrobe. Several pieces of clothing were ones that I would have never chosen if I went shopping alone. She helped to expand my idea of what looks good and it was so much less painful than trying to shop on my own. Armed with clothing that makes me feel comfortable and fabulous, I'm ready for my forties. Bring it on!
-L., Designer and Consultant based in Albuquerque, NM
Sara has been my go-to style advisor for special occasions, family photo shoots and business photo shoots. In her hands, I can relax because I know I'll look uniquely stylish and current. When I scheduled a photo shoot to re-brand my business, I wanted a fresh, inviting, healthy vibe. She worked with me to choose three complete outfits for my photo shoot, and the pictures turned out perfectly in line with what I envisioned. Years later, the photos are a major part of my branding and online presence, and I still get compliments on them. I attribute their cohesiveness and positive energy to Sara's on-point styling advice. Whenever I have an important event coming up, I never hesitate to text her and she always knows the exact right thing for me to wear. Working with Sara feels like having a cheerleader on my team who supports me in showing up to my life and business as the best version of myself. Her knowledge and support is invaluable!
-Josie Bouchier L.Ac.
When I was preparing for a wedding in Berlin, Germany, I reached out to HIRIS & CO because of Sara's knowledge and appreciation of the culture. Sara was spot-on with her selection of the layered and interchangeable outfits for travel, wedding pre parties and the wedding day dress. I received many compliments on my attire - which many thought I had purchased upon arrival in Germany.
THANK YOU, Sara.
What a great morning! Thank you so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
– School Administrator
- We had a chance to talk to many people during the week, and we heard over and over again that you are a great person for us to be working with. Thanks again!
- The Artful Thinking session was amazing--everything I look for in professional development. I walked away from the session with 3-4 concrete practices I can use in my classroom that are new, innovative, and exciting. This session re-energized me to plan engaging visual activities into my reading lessons to engage my students on a multisensory level and to develop them as critical thinkers. I think this development opportunity could benefit teachers of ALL contents, and should be offered again in the future.
- I was in your session this past Monday, and I wanted to let you know that I tried out See/Think/Wonder in my class yesterday to introduce our new book and it went SO WELL. The kids were engaged, interested, and so creative. Once we finished, I asked them how the process was for them, and they all said they enjoyed it and that it helped them see more things about the image than they originally saw. They all said they’d like to do the activity again in the future! Thanks so much for leading the session.
This class was extremely eye opening.
Sara was a great instructor. Very enthusiastic and motivating. Started meaningful discussions and taught me to be mindful. Very inspiring!
This class completely changed the way I look at both art and teaching. It has been my favorite class so far!
Mrs. Hiris is a wonderful instructor-she is thoughtful and encourages perspectives on many different levels. She is open minded and teaches the value of being open-minded, having a perspective, and positive approach. To question, wonder and explore—life lessons beyond the classroom. She also had a lot of valuable material/resources for us to utilize.